Customs Adventure, Part 1

Tuesday, July 8, 2008











Tomorrow I get the pleasure of enjoying a trip to Spain's customs agency to negotiate release of my package. Never once, since I was a small child, have I ever had an issue with customs. I have been vacationing, traveling, and sending mail back and forth for many years. Of course I have at times payed a little extra money for tariffs or taxes when it comes to some packages crossing countries, but thats to be expected.

This time however, they have withheld my package until I appear at the airport. Not only will this be extremely inconvenient, but it is likely to be both expensive and time consuming. Then of course, I need to ask a friend for help, because I am not fluent in the native language. All of this because, well I can't really figure why. I have had bigger and more expensive items shipped to me in Spain. I pay my tariffs and taxes and life goes on.

By no means am I looking forward to tomorrow.

I will send an update after this affair is settled and hopefully I will receive an explanation on what went wrong and how I can avoid it in the future. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the eu ;)

Since 1-1-2008 there have been warning in halland that the gray import is being watched more.

If you are lucky they just want to check if the item is for personal use.

Love Sangria

Unknown said...

Stop buying thermal detonators on Ebay!

DJ said...

They were on Sale =/