Keeping the Peace

Tuesday, May 6, 2008






Yesterday I made a post about bad neighbors and their annoying habits. Today I am going to explain how I handle them. It's very difficult for me to address issues in the Spanish language, it is not my native tongue and I am still learning it. This makes communication limited, and easily brings mistakes when delicate issues arise.

I also have to consider that some things that are happening make their life miserable too. I am sure that no one was looking froward to damages in the building, and it's as much of a strain to every one els as it is to us. When it comes to the noise at night, I realize that some times a small tradition can mean so much to a family or group of friends. I will never forget how excited I was the first time I found maple syrup in Spain. Such small simple things as the familiarity of a song, or taste of a sweet can bring us right back to our homes.

I could spend all my time focusing on how much I dislike it, or I can just sit back and deal with a little annoyance. After all what is worse, a slamming door and an inspector visit or a neighbor that complains about everything? As for the singing and clapping, until midnight I won't complain, and on weekends I will just learn to deal with it. I'm sure after some time the week day sections will die down as the summer jobs start to come.

0 Comments: